Our agency services include:
- Circulating scripts to potential producers.
- Negotiating licence terms and authorising all productions of a client's script.
- Monitoring, collecting and distributing royalties.
- Negotiating commissions, collaborations, publications, and adaptations to other media, and translation to other languages.
- Mediating in disputes with producers or collaborators.
- Assisting and giving advice about clearing copyright (e.g. music, or adaptation rights).
- Maintaining a library of client scripts and online publications.
- Maintaining biographies of clients and production information.
Becoming a client:
We invite a playwright to become a client and, if they agree, the playwright signs an agreement appointing us as their representative and authorising us to act on their behalf. Generally, our invitation is made to playwrights who have works we believe have substantial long-term production potential. Most often playwrights will have already built for themselves a substantial track record that suggests they will continue to write and treat their playwriting seriously as a profession.
Playmarket will act on behalf of a client to ensure their rights and rightful income are protected.
We are always happy to discuss representation and provide advice to any playwrights.
Representation is about addressing a practical need when business as a playwright is at a sufficient level to require our services.
For further enquiries about the agency or representation issues, email here.