Theatre Archives New Zealand promotes the preservation of theatre archives, and was established in 1997. It aims to identify all New Zealand’s theatre archives, and encourages theatres and individuals to place them in repositories. Their manual is a way of equipping theatre groups to look after their archives.
The various chapters of the manual cover all the basic steps of archives practice.
- What are Theatre Records and Archives?
- Theatre Archives Management
- A Policy for Theatre Archives
- Collecting Theatre Archives
- To Keep or not to Keep
- Depositing your Archives
- Documenting Theatre Archives
- Taking Control
- Preservation and Conservation
- Using Theatre Archives
- Theatre Archives and Computers
You can download this free resource here.