This second volume of physical theatre plays by Angie Farrow provides greater choice and variety than the first, with the inclusion of texts designed for use in classroom and workshop scenarios as well as for public performance.
The six plays in this volume are designed for a broad spectrum of age groups, but are likely to have particular appeal to those studying theatre at secondary and tertiary levels.
Each play is accompanied by extensive production notes, which provide ideas to stimulate the rehearsal process.
The notes provide advice and information on the following topics
- How the plays were written
- Understanding the plays' themes and metaphors
- Approaches to characterisation
- Ideas for staging
- Use of theatre space
- Keeping the rehearsal process alive
- Building the audience-performer relationship