Practical support and advice to those in the business of writing plays.
Our work to support all New Zealand playwrights makes use of a raft of resources, industry knowledge, partnerships and networks.
COMPETITIONS, CLINICS, READINGS
Playmarket offers and supports a range of opportunities, competitions and initiatives for playwrights. Details of these can be found under SCRIPT ADVICE and OPPORTUNITIES on our menu. They include the following:
· Where and when you can produce the script
· Clinics with professional actors and directors
· The Playmarket Award
· Playmarket Plays for the Young competition
· Bruce Mason Playwriting Award
· Adam New Zealand Play Award
· Rebecca Mason Executive Coaching
· Robert Lord Cottage Residency
· Brown Ink Maori and Pasifika Playwrights development
· Asian Ink
· Playmarket Playwrights’ Retreat
· Young & Hungry Playwrights’ Initiative
· Playwrights b4 25
· Recording of performances
Supported by Actors’ Equity and the NZ Writers Guild, the inclusion pledge acknowledges that we all have a role to play in creating stories that reflect the diversity of the world in which we live, and in encouraging performers from all communities. Playwrights will pledge that they will aim for inclusive writing and will include a statement alongside the character descriptions in their work to encourage diverse casting. Download the pledge here.
For further enquiries:
Email: Salesi Le'ota